Most regional areas of Australia are desperately seeking skilled workers.
Regional Councils also aspire to grow their populations.
The solutions for both lie in the fact that regional cities, towns, and villages need people to shift from the capital cities or larger population centres.
The heightened interest in regional living by capital city residents, caused by COVID-19, has created the perfect opportunity for Government authorities to capitalise on the new environment in Australia.
This where Shift Regional enters the economic development landscape.
Attracting new residents and skilled workers.
Only when ALL of the needs of potential new residents are considered and managed does a campaign to shift people succeed.
A better lifestyle on it’s own is not enough.
A job on its own is not enough.
Affordable housing on its own is not enough.
When a region considers and caters for all of these needs – connecting the prospective new residents to work, housing, services, culture, support networks and natural resources – then the likelihood of population growth becomes a reality.
The Shift Regional Solution
Shift Regional is an agency dedicated to the development of regional areas of Australia. A team of specialists committed to growing regional populations, economic resources and cultural success of communities.
Based on over 15 years of direct experience in attracting people from Australian capital cities to regional areas, the combined resources of Shift Regional have seen the evolution of a unique platform.
The suite of services, all digitally enabled, are designed specifically to enhance regional municipalities’ capabilities to attract, nurture and convert new residents.
Through the execution of successful branding, continuous marketing, career transition enablement and specialised transition services, all backed by cutting-edge technology automation, the journey to a growing population and a skilled workforce begin.
The Shift suite of digital assets also includes an ‘Invest’ platform that has been designed exclusively for Economic Development teams working for Regional Councils of Australia.
Key Features of the Shift platform.
- Digital representation of your city, town or region’s key lifestyle attractors.
- Automated display of current job vacancies available in your location.
- Automated display of properties for sale in your location.
- An integrated platform to unify understanding and interaction with every potential new resident.
- A sophisticated profiling application that allows easy identification of the individual’s employment skills, potential economic value to the local Council, current location and other factors that influence recruitment to the region.
- A simple channel that will connect local employers to the Shift platform. This allows the identification of specific skills and vacancies that employers find most difficult to fill from the local workforce. This feature essentially delivers a ‘skills audit’ of local economies, providing economic development teams with insights into industry needs and valuable data to assist with strategic planning.
- A dashboard that provides a Council with all the statistics relating to any marketing activity, numbers of enquiries from both potential new residents and investors, demographics of respondents and the tracking and reporting of economic development leads and opportunities.